[Rhodes22-list] parts website

stan stan at generalboats.com
Wed Dec 23 22:00:24 EST 2020

Todd.

Thanks for replying.  That assumption is incorrect.  In my disjointed
writings re ROC it does point out that anyone, buying any Rhodes, from
the factory, automatically is a paid in full member of ROC.   So Sean
is.  Sean is a military doctor so not that clear on what he wanted.   I
responded within a few days but he is conditioned to "stat" orders.
(Rose was a nurse until I corrupted her but before I did she introduced
me to 'stat' as used in medical terms.)  If I had filled Sean's order
for a pop top and pop top slider, stat, he would have been very unhappy.

I lucked out with formal educational benefits from WW11 (US Navy air
corps schooling/Purdue engineering/NYU business administration) but find
that the education that comes from living and doing, is the more
productive part of what we end up knowing. We simply get wiser with each
year we get through, like it or not.  At my age I knew that if Sean
needed a new pop top and pop top slider for a recently recycled Rhodes,
whatever caused that damage would have had him needing a new boat.  So
we took the time out to review the names of the boat parts so we would
be on the same page in ordering parts via the   www.Rhodes22parts.com
web site.  Turns out his interest was for a pop top enclosure; and by
slider he meant, the way to attach it to the boat.

Also appreciate your extending me a peak at your thoughts: /"explaining
the certificate and the counterintuitive royalty scheme for private boat
sales, replays every 18 months or so." /One of my varied careers was a
Madison Avenue mad man (radio/tv director with a little copywriting on
the side) where one of the golden rules is repetition.  You are right;
18 months of media silence is way too long a stretch to drive home a
message.  Still, the checks come in the mail from respected List names
with notes like, "Stan, I've been mulling over what you are trying to do
and I get it."  Borrowing your words, /"was my assumption wrong (as
usual)" . /When it comes to what you see as a 'counterintuitive royalty
scheme', your take misses by 180 degrees.   I won't bother you with the
alternate view, unless you encourage me.  And then I would love to.

Meantime have a merry.  Mine will be a one man celebration in this now
empty house, of having lived an amazing life for 71 years with one
pretty, sexy, loving, sweet as can be, significant other.

stan