[Rhodes22-list] Bimini top hardware

stan stan at generalboats.com
Tue Feb 4 16:32:05 EST 2020

Eric, a short review of what you apparently have been spared, up to now.

Most all of us involved, one way or another, with the Rhodes 22, would
like to see it remain a boat in production, forever.

The Certificate of Support program was to be a small step in aiding that
goal; results were modest which was unfair to those getting it.  It has
now been superseded by the Rhodes Owners Cooperative (ROC). As a Rhodes
buyer through GB, you are automatically a member.

ROC has more teeth in its functioning, than the C of S program had, to
make it more of a force in keeping with the goal of the majority. At the
same time ROC provides more benefits to its members then the C of S
program did:
A Parts and Services web site that, while under construction, is kept
published for ROC members use, as far as it has gotten.  (I see we will
have to add the part you have an interest in.)
A used Rhodes Buyers and Sellers stand alone classified web site devoted
exclusively for Rhodes 22 buyers and sellers.  Contact is direct between
the parties for any additional questions and negotiations needed to
close a deal.
A GB in-house financing division to supplement the effectiveness of the
"Classified" site in making it possible for buyers to sail sooner or go
for a higher end package.   And for sellers to have a much broader,
price-wise, market place.
An email questions answering service that the Rhodes List may not be
tuned into accurately covering.
More to come.

Non ROC members (buyers of Rhodes via private sales), to be fair to
members, are not beneficiaries of any ROC programs or services.  However
anyone can become a Coop member, any time, under the terms in affect at
that time.

The cost of a pair of sliding bimini cars that ride on genoa tracks is
$80 with no S&H costs for wading through my long winded response to
your, "what is ROC".

Stan
Home Office:  825 Soundside Road   Edenton  NC  27932