[Rhodes22-list] gasket for mounting solar vent

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 22:16:43 EST 2020

I was wondering if people just left the fan on during the season so thanks
for clarifying.

In case anyone ends up needing a thicker gasket like I did, here's a link to
the one I used ($18):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QGC2PR2

Using a pressure cooker gasket was not the route I expected to go down, but
I couldn't find a better option.  I ended up cutting it to size (to make a
smaller circle) and then gluing the ends together with super glue.  Now that
it is under pressure and also sealed in with silicone, it's not going
anywhere.

This all appears to have worked out well in the end, but I'll report back in
the summer if I have any issues.