[Rhodes22-list] Water Trips On Lake Superior

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 12:05:06 EDT 2020

Roger, it sounds like you are well prepared for your trips and have all the
right gear.  My foul weather gear is currently re-purposed from hiking and
bicycle touring.  As the sailing trips escalate I'll need to invest in some
proper foul weather gear.

Cold water diving in the great lakes sounds like quite the adventure.  My
diving has been limited to relatively warmer waters in Australia and
Mexico.  It's been about 20 years since then (semesters abroad during
college) but I was able to get in some nice diving on the Great Barrier
Reef and some variety in terms of day, night, drift, wreck, and cave
diving.  Looking back on the cave diving, I see how dangerous that was, but
that was back when I was young and invincible.

Though they aren't sailing trips, everyone on the forum loves being on the
water and it would be great to hear how your upcoming trips go.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr