[Rhodes22-list] Does our website need SSL?

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Jul 20 10:39:44 EDT 2020

Should we require SSL or TLS for the website is an interesting question.

The website itself does not require login or passwords, at least at this time. The only exception to this policy is access to the email list. The mailman pages require that a user maintain a password which is used to access the archives or change mail delivery options. As far as real security on mailman, it must be noted that all of our posts are available through google.com searches which means that there is no real privacy of content. The same is probably true for the nabble site.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY