[Rhodes22-list] Does our website need SSL?

Tom Van Heule tom.vanheule at intrinsicprograms.com
Mon Jul 20 10:56:43 EDT 2020

I did setup a discord : https://discord.gg/MbpR9Q for discussing nuts and
bolts of the website - it seems we are happy to discuss here.   (and I wont
delete the discord ever...)

As some have said - we would like to have some protected areas of the site
and getting encrypted is table stakes for a new build today.
I suggest we keep it as free and secure as possible, until we start selling
merchandise :) Then we get Stan a new revenue stream.

I agree with Michael here- the amount of data should be obfuscated from the
public.    It sounds like there are several of us around who know what
brute forcing means - and this could all be taken from us in a matter of
minutes... we don't want to put the 20+ years of info at risk like that
(fear mongering , apologies).

But that being said - I think I might call Stott for my remodel - the info
is useful!

Have a great Monday,
Tom

--