[Rhodes22-list] mainsail problems

gramille gramille at tds.net
Sun Jul 26 09:43:04 EDT 2020

During this, my second season of sailing my R22, my IMF sail has started to
get bunched up when furled back in, with the resulting difficulty of it be
stuck and needing a lot of persuasion to unfurl. So much so that
I have now got a small rip in it!

So here are my questions for the tribe.

1. Why has this problem gotten worse despite the extra care I take (heading
into the wind but slightly on a port tack)? Is it my age or could it be the
age of the Main?

2. Can an effective repair be done from a bosuns chair or do I have to
remove the sail?

3. If so, can anyone send me a link to an idiot proof "how to "guide?
It looks a daunting prospect to me!

Cheers
Graham
SV 00Sailin