[Rhodes22-list] mainsail problems

stan stan at generalboats.com
Sun Jul 26 11:04:01 EDT 2020

One of the Golden Rules in operating a Rhodes is:
If anything does not work easily, something is wrong. Force is not the cure.

Answer these questions first, then we can proceed to others:

1.    Who did you buy the boat from?

2.    What year is it?

3.    Did it work flawlessly when you first sailed the boat?

4.    If it did work fine at first, did whatever the fault is,
        get progressively worse or suddenly change.

5.    I am assuming you are experiencing your problem
        with the boom at it upper mast setting. How does
        sail operate with the boom at its lower mast setting?

6.    Have you had an opportunity to see if sail works
        fine when no wind?