[Rhodes22-list] Repair of Spider Cracks at Mast Step Tabernacle

Chris on LBI cknell at vt.edu
Tue Jul 28 09:50:06 EDT 2020

Thank you Graham for those additional suggestions. In doing some further
reading I saw that someone (I think Stan) mentioned putting wood slivers
into the holes along with the epoxy; I presume the reason would be to weaken
the epoxy so that it would release the screw should the need arise again.
This leads me to wonder about the possibility of gluing 3/8 inch  or 1/2
inch dowels into the holes (rather than filling them with epoxy) – large
enough to receive the 1/4 inch machine screw and weak enough to tear out to
avoid damaging the surrounding gelcoat. What would experience of this forum
say to this suggestion?

-----
Long Beach Island