[Rhodes22-list] mainsail problems

Olivier Hecht oehecht at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 18:30:47 EDT 2020

I replaced my mainsail early this season. Other than the usual work to
lower the mast, it was very easy. Basically just a few screws to slide the
furling tube and sail out of the mast and two screws hold the sail itself
to the tube (the sail has a bead that slides into a slot in the tube and
carries the load. Just keep track of what direction it’s wound in, but it’s
basically like replacing a giant window shade.