[Rhodes22-list] Replacing diamondboard pendant

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 22:52:48 EDT 2020

Thanks for the info Charles and Graham.

I hope to avoid removing the centerboard cap and if it came to that then I
definitely would do it off the water based on Charles' advice.

To Graham's point, I've got a Triad trailer and have tried pulling the boat
onto the trailer successfully with the diamondboard extended so I should be
able to get the boat on the trailer if this goes poorly.

It was my understanding that the diamondboard design uses a straight
through pull that avoids going through any blocks.  Is that correct?

I suppose another option would be to wrap the line with some tape to avoid
additional fraying this season and then take it to the local sailboat shop
(which has a lift) at the end of the season to do the repair while the boat
is on the lift and the diamondboard can be extended.

Has anyone with a diamondboard (as opposed to the old centerboard design)
replaced their pendant?  I assume I'm not the only person whose pendant has
had significant wear.