[Rhodes22-list] Bottom paint questions

eric w. smith ews1esq at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 09:50:04 EST 2020

Folks,
I have a 1995 Rhodes 22 which I purchased from GB in 2004.  It was fully "recycled" at that time.  In 2015, after several years of freshwater use, I sent her back to GB for a full cleanup: new gel coat, bottom paint, sails, etc.  Thereafter, she sailed only in fresh water until 2019
Last year I retired and moved to Florida.  My boat is now docked in the brackish and salt waters of the Indian River Lagoon/Fort Pierce Inlet on the Treasure Coast. we day sail in the Atlantic, just few miles out. I have a regular service for once a month in-water bottom cleaning which seems to hold the bottom growth in check.
My questions are related to a new paint job for the bottom.  How long do GB or you knowledgeable Rhodies suggest before a new paint job?  Does GB use ablative paint or some other hybrid?  How many coats are recommended?
Your thoughts will be appreciated.
Eric Smiths/v Red Mistress