[Rhodes22-list] Trailer brake disconnect?

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Tue May 5 20:29:48 EDT 2020

Alexis,

Do you want to disconnect your surge brakes because the flexible brake hose isn’t long enough to accommodate the tongue extension?  Or, are you experiencing surge brake lock-up when you try to back down the launch ramp?  If the hose isn’t long enough; then, you should get it replaced with a longer hose.  If your surge brakes are locking up; then, take a look at the surge brake master cylinder.  There will be a 2 position switch that will enable you to disable the trailer‘s surge brakes while backing down the ramp.  Just remember to reengage the surge brakes before you head off down the road.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

Sent from my iPhone