[Rhodes22-list] Trailer brake disconnect?

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Tue May 5 21:08:40 EDT 2020

Alexis,

  The quick disconnect looks like a quick disconnect for a air hose, only
a little bit smaller. Mine is made out of brass. Mine is located on the
aft end of the flexible brake hose. It look like your brake line has a
one foot section spliced in.  Maybe somebody tried to use the extender
and didn't disconnect the line first. Mine has a bracket welded to the
frame to hold the steel end of the line, so you just push the fitting on
the end of the rubber line into it. I would send you a picture, but it
is cold, dark and raining right now. I can send you a pic tomorrow.
Before you head out, you might want to extend the tongue, to make sure
the pins and tube aren't rusted in place.

Have a great adventure,
Jerry Lowe

 Hi there,