[Rhodes22-list] Wood flooring

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri May 15 13:51:25 EDT 2020

Curtis,

In many of the boats built around 1980, the cabin sole employed a standard plywood (not marine ply) coated with polyester resin to make it water resistant. Unfortunately, the glue was not water resistant and the sole delaminated frequently. It is your choice if you wish to spend for marine plywood or just buy some exterior grade (CDX) plywood and resin. The latter combination seems to last for about 15 years which may be sufficient.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY
I’d rather be sailing :~)