[Rhodes22-list] Hi from an owner of 2 Rhodes 22's: 2014 and 1986

Larry Gioia lgioia at yahoo.com
Mon May 18 23:55:39 EDT 2020

Hi,
I found this email list on Stan's site.  I'm Larry, I have a 2014 Rhodes 22 which Stan's group built for me and delivered to Lake George in upstate NY - I've been sailing there each summer since.
I've seen 2 other Rhodes 22's on the lake - a red one moored in Harris Bay, I think Stan had introduced us by email and we've yelled hi a few times as we passed each other by, and another one, possibly blue, may be located around Diamond Point or just north of it.  I sailed by it once and the owner was looking down concentrating on something so didn't see me but I think his crew member realized that another Rhodes was passing by.
In March of this year I bought a used 1986 Rhodes here in Tampa Bay - the boat had been donated to the Sea Scouts (nautical division of the Boy Scouts) in St. Petersburg by the wife of the previous (possibly original? not sure) owner who had passed away.  They had cleaned it up and fixed some items and put it on Craigslist where I was surprised to see it.  I think it was the only Rhodes 22 on Craigslist in the Southeast.
Both boats are great!  Hope this list is still active,
Larry