[Rhodes22-list] M-30 Causeway Over Wixom Lake

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Fri May 22 20:49:19 EDT 2020

Hi All,

The attached photo is the rupture in the M-30 causeway over Wixom Lake.  You can see Stryker’s Marina in the background on the right.
Although the police wouldn’t let me get close enough to take the picture, the M-30 bridge over the Tittabawassee River in Edenville has also sustained major damage.  I was not able to put my eyes on the Johnson Mini Storage facility.
It now appears one would need a shallow draft boat with an engine capable of propelling it upstream against a pretty strong current and then be prepared to hike in to Johnson Mini Storage.  Or a helicopter?  Or, a RIB with a Honda 9.9 hp outboard that was in storage at Johnson Mini Storage?   It looks like I’m not getting to my storage unit, assuming it’s even there anymore, any time soon.

I filed the claim with my insurance agent today.  I let him know about the uncertainty regarding the status and unreachable location of the stuff at Johnson Mini storage.  The adjuster is supposed to be at my house on Friday.   Stay tuned!

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

[cid:12F76E7AA735724F81030D136A8FFE45 at sct-15-20-2387-20-msonline-outlook-3e4ff.templateTenant]

Sent from my iPhone