[Rhodes22-list] bimini support attachments to stern rail

John Keyser retro53 at msn.com
Sat May 30 12:08:24 EDT 2020

Hi Graham,

Glad that you liked my set-up, it works pretty well in each configuration (up or down). When it's folded up, it is sandwiched between the main sheet and backstays, and doesn't require any rigging to keep it in place. I noticed a bit of wear on the bimini cover where it rests against the backstays, but I can just sew a little reinforcement patch on those areas. I have not had any boat usability issues keeping it there. The main drawback, in my opinion, is that it takes a bit more effort to transition between the two positions, versus having it on cars on a track, in that you have to release the legs from the rear mounts, attach them to the front mounts, detach the mainsheet from the mainsheet traveler, flip it over the bimini and reattach it.

I don't have a close-up of the top in the stowed position, but you may be able to get the general idea from the attached picture.

As for the hardware, I believe that I used four black nylon deck hinges, Sailrite part #100690.

Best Regards,

John