[Rhodes22-list] Help with motor mount

Richard Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Mon Nov 16 10:11:18 EST 2020

Nabble is a PITA
Here are some pics.
Westmarine mount is temporary.
The GB 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" rails are 11 7/8” apart - out to out.
My new rails will extend past the useless rub rail.
But -They will not extend past the top of the transom.
It will be manual.
The stops are simple 1/4” aluminum bolts at the bottom of the rails.
More to follow

Richard Stott, AIA, LEED AP
www.stottarchitecture.com
Office	631-283-1777
Cell		516-965-3164

> On Nov 16, 2020, at 9:48 AM, Cary Tolbert <retiredtoby at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Rob
> There is a good reason for asking questions.  The more brains the better.
>
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2020, 8:32 AM Lowe, Rob <rlowe at vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> Cary,
>> I don't believe grease on the tracks would be a good idea.  Any grease
>> would attract and hold dirt, which will just add to the wear.  I think a
>> spray lubricant such as Sailcoat would be the most you would want to use. -
>> Rob

>>> Delrin (I think) strip that runs on the inside of the channel, bottom to
>>> top. I took some pics and will send them out on Monday if I can.
>>> Ric