[Rhodes22-list] using a tablet for navigation

Chris Geankoplis chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 17:43:40 EDT 2020

We have been using our iPad for serious navigation for the last 5 years.
In most cases we have found that it is quite adequate for our uses which
involve at least 1000  cruising miles of travel each year on the Rhodes,
sometimes more,  We also use it as a backup for our big boat in Fl;prida
and the Bahamas.  We have used iNavix at first and now we are using
Navionics.  The switch was more for availability of European
charts.Sometimes the sun is too bright and we shade it with whatever is
available and normally it is not necessary to use it constantly, though
there are times when it is needed for long periods of time when navigating
tricky situations.  My son uses an app for his phone (can't remember
exactly what) and he loves it for his lake sailing.

Chris Geankoplis
Enosis