[Rhodes22-list] preparing to install new sail

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Mon Oct 19 11:36:30 EDT 2020

I ,too , will be going thru this in the spring. I always remove the mast
bundle every year, and store it in my walk in basement. I think it would
be easier to lower the mast onto saw horses and do the work on the ground.
Safer, too. I live in the country, where there are no restrictions, HOA's
or other obstacles to working in the backyard. While it's down, it would
be a good time to improve any lighting and antenna concerns. Check you
bearing on the jib furling tube (if it's still the factory furler . Make
sure to note the direction of wrap on the sail and inhaul line. You won't
be able to remove the mast and poptop cars without completely
disassembling them. Much easier to just remove the boom first and slide
the cars out after you drop the mast.

Jerry Lowe SV Country Rhodes '86