[Rhodes22-list] removing tabernacle

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 21:51:23 EDT 2020

Hi, I'm attempting to remove the mast tabernacle in order to install the
Dwyer Halyard Organizer plate (part DH288).  The three screws came out
easily, but the tabernacle is still attached very strongly with an
adhesive.  I don't know what adhesive was used.  The adhesive is colored
white.  I tried heating up the plate with a soldering iron and tried to
squeeze in a razor but have been unable to break the seal.

I would appreciate any tips from the group on how to free the tabernacle
from the cabin top.  Thanks in advance for any advice!

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr