[Rhodes22-list] public notice all Rhodies

stan stan at generalboats.com
Sun Oct 25 10:47:49 EDT 2020

After countless years of flawless delivering Rhodes 22s and picking up
recycling candidates, Richard Beytagh is retiring to pursue the dream of
rebuilding a classic, bigger, much bigger sailboat than we have a
trailer for or a street big enough for him to deliver it to.  We know
that one day he will have the itch that all Rhodies who move up, sooner
or later acquire; that of getting back to single handing a Rhodes,
particularly one with the wonderful feel of its solid fiberglass
tiller.  We might make the case of the return to a Rhodes by
mover-uppers, once they satisfy their big boat dream, by pointing to
lifetime Rhodes owners Alice and Chris who. when they went bigger,
avoided the return to a Rhodes itch by not only /not/ selling their
Rhodes but buying a second Rhodes to maintain a sense of balance. The GB
answer has always been own the single handing Rhodes and Charter the big
ones that require two hands.

In that meantime until Richard comes home, this phase of the General
Boats business is now open to any and all Rhodies who would like their
own business, where they are their own boss, take whatever assignment he
or she or they wish, set their own fees and be paid on the spot.
Requirements; only two:  You must own, or have owned, your own Rhodes
and be intimately familiar with all its charms (which translates to
having slept with or on it at least one night). The other, a vehicle.

Here is your chance to be paid to see the country and more of its
different waters than anyone else (other than me) before the next
revolution.  The next delivery will have you enjoying FL's Gulf coast
and the next pick up, the Great State of NC.

stan