[Rhodes22-list] removing tabernacle

David Talbot talbotdavid50 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 17:42:04 EDT 2020

OK I am adding to this as I JUST got through managing a 5200-attached hatch
on forward deck
STRONGLY recommend you not use mallet  or cutting as this can damage the
deck.
DEBOND (can get via Amazon)works well and is safer
Spray a good layer of the debond under one side of the tabernacle and wait
a few minutes, then lightly tap wooden wedges into the gap. patience
essential here. Spray more in and advance a little bit at a time. It will
work, just do not force it or you will split the fiberglass. Will need a
sharp chisel to clean off the gel coat
Agree that Practical Sailor article very helpful as well