[Rhodes22-list] Converting Electric Winch Motor Lift to a Manual System

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 16:22:51 EDT 2020

Chris, thanks for your comment about the knob.  Upon further inspection I
can pull out a knob on my ATV winch and it will freewheel as you mentioned
- much better than cutting the webbing!

Regarding replacement of the webbing, it appears to be a winch strap of the
same kind used on the manual winch used at the front of the trailer to pull
/ keep the boat forward and these are widely available as a replacement
part.  I actually had to replace my winch strap at the front of my trailer
after the last road trip due to some chafing issues resulting from the bow
being slightly off center as a result of a downhill park and slide effort
to move the boat forward.

Good luck with your Red Rhodes!

S/V Zephyr