[Rhodes22-list] Another owner grateful for positive flotation

Curtis Ruck ruckc at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 8 22:28:52 EDT 2020

I now have two bilge pumps.  One in stern locker and one in the actual
bilge.  The stern locker is for when it sits on the slopes shore parking
area, under trees that continually clog the cockpit drains and the water
then overflows into the stern locker.

The bilge one is to pump out the 1" of additional water I took on while
sailing for 4 hours.  Based on what I can tell, the water is a slow straw's
worth of water coming in from under the cockpit somewhere, when sitting
flat in the water.  It is not coming from the stern locker either, nor any
of the through hulls in the stern.  The centerboard cap is also sealed and
dry.

Of related interesting note, I accidentally put a loop in my bilge lines,
because I hadn't found a good check valve yet.  This thread makes me
realize my loops are probably better than a check valve.

This does ensure I will probably never stay out overnight or keep the boat
slipped...

- Curtis
s/v Ruck It - 1978