[Rhodes22-list] R22 Labor Day weekend sailing photos from Lake Manawa

S/V Lark Colealexander at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 10 19:35:52 EDT 2020

Interesting.   My Bucc has an aluminum CG approved plate riveted to the CB
trunk  (now banged and worn to illegibility) stating a capacity of six
people and 6? hp maximum outboard.   It’s physically possible to get that
many people on her but I wouldn’t recommend it.   Six HP would be silly
hanging off a 500# boat.     I wondered how Stan avoided having a similar
fiction posted in the R-22.    Sailboatdata shows a first build date of 1968
for both.

Nice photos.    Your jib seems cut higher then mine, allowing more overlap
for a similar sail area.    Have you flown other jibs to see if that creates
a better slot with the main?

-----
Alex Cole
S/V Lark