[Rhodes22-list] Newbie question 1

stan stan at generalboats.com
Sun Sep 27 07:45:10 EDT 2020

Matt,

We were anxiously awaiting your take on the Certified category Rhodes
recently delivered to you since we put so much more into your boat than
is normally done for a purchase in this class. Not a peep. Instead we
have been bypassed with 15 reports to the List numbered 1. and 2. so
far, seemingly suggesting more to follow; neither with a word of
satisfaction, only your annoying issues.

The List is a treasure and the right place to go for private purchases
of used Rhodes where we do not know the condition of the boat or
alterations made, by prior owners.  In contrast, a direct purchase from
General Boats where we know that boat first hand and the List does not,
GB becomes the more logical source for addressing initial questions.

Mentioning two of GB's policies is appropriate here:
One is that you made your purchase appreciating that you could take
advantage of GB's two year window to turn the boat in for a recycled
category Rhodes where the original boat's price is applied to the new
recycled Rhodes.
The other you may not be tuned into is our quip that if anyone
purchasing a Rhodes from General Boast says anything negative about his
or her boat, we take it away from them. The practical translation of
this is that if you are not completely comfortable with your purchase we
will return your deposit and take the boat back without prejudice.

Not affecting any of the above, I have two curiosity questions:  I
thought we sent you 'Tips on Rigging and Sailing Your Rhodes 22', or am
I mistaken.
The other, weren't there any features that surprised and pleased you on
this boat.

stan