[Rhodes22-list] Newbie question 1

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Sep 28 11:28:52 EDT 2020

For any of you folks covering your shrouds or stays, remember to check
frequently for corrosion as the covers can trap moisture. It's
particularly an issue if the moisture you are trapping is salt water or
damp salt air.

When we had our boat, we used the vinyl turnbuckle covers but not the
shroud covers for that reason. The turnbuckle covers were open at the
bottom but we did have an issue with the sheet getting caught between
the part of the turnbuckle that holds the clevis pin and the toe rail. A
few wraps of rigging tape eliminated that and we did remove that at the
end of the season.

Mary Lou
ex Rhodes 22
now Rosborough RF-246  Tara