[Rhodes22-list] Estimated Cost Of A Harken Traveler System

JeffSmith jeffsmithphoto at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 07:41:34 EDT 2021

The boat is in my driveway with the mast raised and I am still messing around
with the GB traveler. The 3/16" line that came with the boat was too short
to loosen up the traveler, so I used some hardware store line to play around
with. Even with plenty of slack in the line the traveler still seems kind of
stiff.
The 5 to 1 ratio on the line is good for friction, but overkill (?) for
hauling the sail to weather. It also might make dumping slow. I realize that
a little ease can go a long way in righting the boat. So I'm going to try
rigging with a 3 to 1 purchase, but I would have to add a clam cleat to each
end to avoid slippage.
After some on the water experience, I'll report back.

-----
Jeff Smith
2009 R22 #101 RADIANT
Atlantic Highlands Municpal Harbor