[Rhodes22-list] Rope Luff Pad

Gmorganflier gmorgan.flier at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 16:49:41 EDT 2021

I found the answer to my question. My sail had an emblem on it showing Doyle
offshore Barbados. I googled this name and it’s a sail loft in Barbados
which evidently makes sails for General Boats.

I emailed them and I’m posting their reply below:

Hi George
Yes. We did build the sail. We have been working with General boats on the
Rhodes 22 for many years. Your sail was designed to have only 1 rope in the
luff. The rope starts just below the bulk of the head reinforcing and stops
just above the top of the tack reinforcing. We do not suggest adding any
additional ropes. The single rope adds sufficient bulk to furl the middle of
the sail the correct amount. If you have any other questions about your
Doyle Sails feel free to contact me or my college Joanne Lammens. We are
happy to help.
Regards
Dana

-----