[Rhodes22-list] Mainsail installation instructions?

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Tue Aug 3 16:52:43 EDT 2021

Jeff,

My YouTube video about "Replacing the Main Sail Furling Line" (https://youtu.be/MH7hYJnoNpM) will only be partially relevant to your situation.  It does deal with the partial disassembly of the IMF, but doesn't discuss the sail itself at all.  When I replaced the furling line, the sail was fully furled, so the number of wraps at that point was zero.  I doubt that adding an extra wrap or two would hurt anything, but I don't recall if I did that before putting everything back together.

There's a topic of "IMF Mainsail - Replacing" in the 'Reference Pages' area under the 'Sails' subject heading. There's a write up from Rummy from 2003, and one from Mike Weisner from last year.  Both suggest counting furling line wraps at the start of the process.

--Peter