[Rhodes22-list] Help with lowering the jib on a CDI furler

Stephen Staum snstaum at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 07:56:17 EDT 2021

Mark,

I just make sure that the furled sail is wrapped completely with the jib
sheets at least one full turn around it.  Then make sure the jib sheets and
furler lines are secured.  Also, wrap 1 or 2 bungess around the furled sail
for extra protection.  I lost the Carol Lee to a hurricane in 2011 but it
swamped and turtled and was demasted.  The genoa never opened.

Good luck.

*Thanks and Stay Well,*

*Stephen Staum*

*s/v Pinafore (formerly Carol Lee 2)*