[Rhodes22-list] Electric motor mount vibration

Jeff Smith Photo jeffsmithphoto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 11:19:42 EDT 2021

The local Yamaha Dealer said they could not install remote controls on my
Yamaha T8ELH because the motor was too close to the transom.  I'm still
trying to get used to operating the throttle and shifter towards the end
of my second season.
I would love to dismount the motor for long trailering in order to add to
the tongue weight, but it is too much of a pain to do so.  I will carry my
uninflated dinghy in the V berth (whether I end up inflating it or not) to
increase tongue weight.
The noise of the motor annoyed me so I installed a double layer of KILMAT
on the inside of the cowl, but an iPhone decibel meter didn't show much
difference. I still have a bunch left, if someone wants to stop by or pay
postage.
Whe WM transom matt has poor reviews, so I looked on McMaster-Carr and saw
these choices.
<
https://www.mcmaster.com/rubber/rubber/multipurpose-neoprene-rubber-sheets-and-strips/

McMaster is a great resource for DIY-ers.
Best regards,
Jeff Smith
w <http://NJphoto.Net>ww.jeffsmithphoto.net
Cell: 732-236-1368