[Rhodes22-list] Revisiting Deploying Anchor from Cockpit

Rick Lange sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 13:54:42 EST 2021

George,

The anchor you pictured is a Danford design.

[image: image.png]

You may be confusing the shank with the stock.  The standard mounting is to
hang the anchor by the stock from brackets on each side that are attached
to the bow pulpit rail.  One of the brackets locks and the shank is
shackled to the bow.  That's a 3 point attachment preventing any movement
heading into waves breaking over the bow.

Regards,

Rick Lange