[Rhodes22-list] Revisiting Deploying Anchor from Cockpit

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Tue Feb 9 14:34:11 EST 2021

George,

Forgive me; but, your anchor deployment system doesn’t look very sea worthy.  Your anchor chain is just draped over the bracket and not secured to anything.  You have extra lines up on the bow that are just begging to snag on a wayward sheet or flogging sail.  You must not sail very much in big waves because the amount of pounding at the bow &/or green water over the bow will be more than enough to dislodge something.  This will either result in premature anchor deployment, the anchor chain chewing up the top sides, or failure to deploy when desired.  The Rhodes 22 is a very sea worthy little boat.  It’s fun to sail when the small craft warnings go up.   It’s a shame you have compromised that aspect.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

Sent from my iPhone