[Rhodes22-list] Buffing/polishing products

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 21:47:39 EST 2021

Hi Frank,

I've found that Meguiar's Marine / RV products work well.  If it's been
awhile and you have oxidation build up, you could go with their 3 part kit
of oxidation remover, polish, and wax.  You can get that at Amazon, RV
stores, or auto parts stores.
https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Marine-Fiberglass-Restoration-System/dp/B0000AY4YT

Meguiar's also offers some two in one products (polish and wax) if you
don't have a lot of oxidation to deal with and want to save some time, but
they probably are not as good as using the separate products.  3M has
similar products but they tend to cost a bit more.

I briefly borrowed a rotary polisher and quickly decided that an orbital
was much easier to handle so I picked up one of those with a foam pad set
and it made application a lot easier.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KHP9BW9

To get around more detailed areas, such as the stern where there are a lot
of things to get around that the orbital has a hard time reaching, I got a
buffing pad set (pads with small diameter) to use with my drill.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014SADBI0

I dealt with any small remaining spots with just elbow grease and a rag.
Hope that helps.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr