[Rhodes22-list] Buffing/polishing products

Frank Goldsmith goldsmith.cf at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 22:05:18 EST 2021

Jesse,

That is very helpful information indeed, exactly what I was looking for — thanks very much.  I do have an unopened 500 ml. bottle of 3M Marine Restorer and Wax that I ordered from Home Depot, but I thought maybe it would not be adequate for the entire hull.  I’ll check out the Meguiars products.

I have also thought that I should buy an orbital polisher.  A Boat US article recommended a Shurhold buffer/polisher (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OIBRCQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A4ZSBADJP7DJM&psc=1 <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OIBRCQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A4ZSBADJP7DJM&psc=1>), but it’s a little pricier than the one you mention.  I was tempted by a cordless Dewalt, thinking I could use the same battery as I have in my cordless drill, but from the reviews I’ve read the batteries tend to get exhausted pretty quickly in a cordless buffer.  I think I can string together enough extension cords to reach from the power supply to where my boat is parked on its trailer.

I really appreciate the help.

Best,

Frank