[Rhodes22-list] What is the purpose of the ledge outside of the companionway?

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Feb 26 17:30:47 EST 2021

Michael,

Pictures from the website:

1. Cabin table used to complete cabin berth:
http://rhodes22.org/thumbnails/Berth1.jpg

2. Cabin table in storage rack, without legs:
http://rhodes22.org/thumbnails/vberth.jpg

By the way, the website has this really nice section loaded with information from fellow Rhodies called 'Reference Pages' that actually addressed your initial question at 'Cockpit Shelf':
http://rhodes22.org/reference-topic.html?C|reference/Cockpit%20-%20Shelf.html

Did you know that the Rhodes 22 comes with a full manual? It was written by Stan! Check out a copy (pdf) at:
http://rhodes22.org/document.html?documents/Rhodes%2022%20Owners%20Manual%20-%202006.pdf
Take a look at page 30 (last page) for more on the table usage.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY
I’d rather be sailing :~)