[Rhodes22-list] What is the purpose of the ledge outside of the companionway?

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 18:27:17 EST 2021

Hi Michael,

My table doesn't have clips underneath either.  I store the pole for the
table (both the wooden table top and other pole for the fold down
companionway) in the tray on the port side by the aft bulkhead inside the
cabin.  That is where the prior owner stored them and I assumed that was
the normal spot but it appears people have taken a variety of approaches in
how to store the table leg.  Like Roger said, clips can be a handy option
for a variety of things.  I also added clips under the port side cockpit
bench to store a boat hook.

You can see the tray I was referring to in the bright green arrow in the
first attached photo.  You can see the boat hook clip in the second photo.

Welcome to the list!

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr