[Rhodes22-list] Revisiting Deploying Anchor from Cockpit

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Sun Jan 31 18:15:02 EST 2021

George,

I like the idea, BUT ...
	1. Don't forget to secure the bitter end of the anchor line before deploying.
	2. How does one adjust the length of the deployed anchor rode? Is it fixed?
	3. In the video, it appears that the anchor rode is run over the bow pulpit so that it lifts the anchor.
		I would assume that a properly positioned block might be a better solution.
	4. I might run the anchor rode through the bow chocks and use a second line threaded through a block to release the anchor.

Interesting concept ... just needs a little more work ... stuff to think about during the remainder of the NY winter.

Mike
s/v Windlass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY