[Rhodes22-list] Revisiting Deploying Anchor from Cockpit

Gmorganflier gmorgan.flier at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 21:29:58 EST 2021

Mike,

I’ve got a fairly unique situation in that my lake at its deepest is about
12’ and where I would need to deploy it in some crisis I created the depth
would be 5 or 6’. My danforth holds really well in the lake bottom so I’m
planning on maybe a 20-25’ rode plus chain and the length will be fixed. I
will have the rode attached to my bow eye and the rode and chain stowed
somehow on the bow, possibly in some container hanging from the side of the
bow pulpit?

I actually do plan to run the release line through a block above the release
and then to a block below on the deck and then back along the side of the
cabin terminating on the side of the cabin near the cockpit bulkhead. Easy
to get to quickly but no extra line in the cockpit.

After I receive the new anchor hangers from Defender I’ll be going to my
boat to see what I can come up with.
I’ll take photos and post how it turns out and if it really works.

George