[Rhodes22-list] The Link to Nabble IS broken

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu Jul 1 18:08:43 EDT 2021

It seems that nabble is converting to a simple forum and dropping the email posting ability. In the process, they are losing functionality and now content!

This is a serious change for them and many of their list clients (like us) are having significant issues such as:
     1. "Contents Deleted" - entire lists are disappearing!
          http://support.nabble.com/CONTENTS-DELETED-td7609604.html
     2. Mailing Lists will be update to regular forums ...

>From what I can see on the nabble support site, no one is really sure what is happening. I am so happy that the Rhodes22.org list has been independently maintained. We have only lost items that were not cross posted from nabble such as the "old.nabble.com" images. Many of the major nabble lists are in big trouble since they totally rely on nabble and have no other alternative.

After some prodding from me (I saw the value of nabble but was afraid to trust their leadership with our content again), Peter Nyberg developed a website structure that permits a web based forum for posting to our list. I am in the process of looking to port the capability to our server. It provides all of the convenience of a web based posting forum like nabble while maintaining our security and independence.

Please be patient as we evolve. We've come a long way in the last 6 to 12 months, much of it the result of Peter's efforts and abilities. Please raise a glass of your favorite libation to Peter Nyberg, virtually.

Have a safe and happy 4th!

Let's go sailing!

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)