[Rhodes22-list] Racing Fleet | Sunapee NH

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 13:02:46 EDT 2021

Hi Bob, sorry to hear about the incident.  I think Mike's notes are right
on point.

Regarding your questions about rigging for IMF, I copied Peter's rigging
changes to run the rigging and outhaul lines to the cabin top which I find
easier than the under-boom setup.  Here's a writeup on that:
http://rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20210519/2bf83996/attachment.pdf

I used to race the Rhodes 22 a bit, but there is a performance hit for the
IMF so I decided to focus on other boats for racing and enjoy the R22 for
cruising.  I love the convenience of the IMF.  I know others on the list,
such as Roger, have had good racing success on a Rhodes with a traditional
mainsail.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr