[Rhodes22-list] Racing Fleet | Sunapee NH

michael meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Thu Jul 22 12:32:01 EDT 2021

10-12 is very norminal conditions, I think what happened, you founds out
any any sail boat has no streeting control with out water passing over the
rudder, i.e you lost all your speed and went broad side to the wind while
trying to get your sails down. That might have not been the best move. Btw
you still need to go into the wind with IMF to get the pressure off and
line up the slot. You should have been at hull speed when this started so
tack/jive early er(leave room for non perfection, something breaks), we all
blown it from time to time, drop the motor quick if you do not have the
room, try anchor but hard to do that with out practice.