[Rhodes22-list] Foe & Aft Cockpit Floor Hiking Brace?

JeffSmith jeffsmithphoto at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 22:10:57 EDT 2021

The wide cockpit of the R22 has a lack of foot support when on a heel. I know
that some racing dindhys run an approx. 1.5 x 1.5" strip on the Cockpit
floor for a foot brace. My wife (who is on the short side) suggested
something similar for Radiant.  Has anyone installed said brace or sailed on
a boat with one?
Is there space between the Cockpit floor and the hull?
Are there some kind of anchors that can be applied through a hole that would
then expand to act as a nut? Similar to those which anchor bolts through dry
wall?
Could HDPE be successfully epoxied using screws to help set?
I realize it may be a trip hazard, so would install a black piece if I could
find. I would rather not use teak, but would as a last resort.
All input appreciated.

-----
Jeff Smith
2009/2016 R22 #101 RADIANT