[Rhodes22-list] Foe & Aft Cockpit Floor Hiking Brace?

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 01:55:26 EDT 2021

Hi Jeff, is it too far for your wife to use the edge of the opposing bench
to place your feet to brace while heeling?  That's what we do and it's part
of the standard instructions that I give anyone new to the boat when they
come for a sail.  If it's me and a friend out for a lively sail then we'll
sit on the coaming to hike out and we'll put our heels in the drainage
channel of the windward bench while also holding on to the stern railing
(me) and the crew holding onto the bar on the bulkhead at the front of the
cockpit.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr