[Rhodes22-list] a note from the admiral

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 05:48:45 EDT 2021

Hi Cary,

The instructor mentioned that a Ranger 23 has even done a passage to
Hawaii.  However, the school uses larger boats for San Francisco Bay and
keep the Ranger 23 for the estuary where the school is located, as well as
the East Bay which is east of the Bay Bridge where conditions tend to be
quite a bit more moderate.  The boats we took out in San Francisco Bay were
a Fontaine Pajot 35 and a Targa 34 which where both up to the task.  The
wind there was on a new level compared to what I experienced beforehand.
Conditions are relatively tame where we use the Rhodes, though I'm
impressed by the adventures that others have made on a R22.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr