[Rhodes22-list] Motor Lift

Todd Tavares tavares0947 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 12:06:15 EDT 2021

I do not have the electric lift. But from past discussions, the switch is
wired as in the attached pic.
When the switch is thrown down as shown in the picture. The upper sets of
contacts are connected. In this case #1 is connected to #2, and #4 is
connected to #5. If you trace the circuit, the motor should move in a
certain direction because current will flow through the motor. (Note the
direction of current flow if going from (-) to (+) on the battery.)

When the switch is thrown up as shown in the picture. The lower sets of
contacts are connected. In this case #2 is connected to #3 and #5 is
connected to #6. If you trace the circuit, the motor should move in the
opposite direction because current will flow through the motor in the
opposite direction as before (Note the direction, again tracing from (-) to
(+) on the battery.)

If the jumpers on your DPDT are configured criss crossed like in the
drawing, you can troubleshoot without blowing a fuse or tripping a breaker.
I hope this helps.

Todd T

tavares0947 at gmail.com