[Rhodes22-list] A Rhodes in the Med, year 3

Chris Geankoplis chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 20:14:28 EDT 2021

Dang Frank,
                  You are well informed.  Indeed during the Junta that was
often how Enosis was used.  Didn't think very few people (other than the
Cypriots, knew this.  Yes it might be a problem.  I named the boat dwith
the older root word in mind. "a coming together to make (one) complete." it
is a base for such words as Gnosticism,   So you will probably see some
alteration in the name involving peeling off a letter or two.  Maybe I
shall just remove the "E" and the last "S",  leaving me with "Nosi" a
homonym for a snoopy boat.  Or I see its meaning in the Bosnian language is
a verb, "wears".  But I think I might just go with a language I know. ENO,
 "and no".  A response to the political meaning of Enosis.  In truth, the
Turks could make a strong argument for their invasion in '74.  Shortly
before that time, I talked to a number of young Greek Cypriots who
gleefully relate how they would sneek into a Turkish village and rape the
girls there.  It seemed they shared the same attitude that some Serbians
had 15 years later.
Anyway, to a more positive subject, it will be the most challenging sail
with Enosis.  I'm not really worried about the Ionian but the Aegean is
another matter.   I've sailed the Aegean in the summer a number of times,
most recently in a British built little 22' Pandora.  It was an  old fixed
keel VanDe Staat  designed boat built for the north sea.  So, I might be
biting off more than I can chew (well we can chew) but we will just have to
get used to waiting for a window or doing some very early morning sailing
in the dark.  This will probably be our last year with Enosis as Alice has
some health issues and really doesn't enjoy the long flights over and
back.  We intend to put it up for sale and hopefully someone(s) will buy
her and have as much fun sailing her as we have.

Chris Geankoplis
Enosis or ENO, or NOSI, or I just thought of "Sis" which is a Greek prefix
indicating doing or action sort of like "ing" in English.